Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, July 25, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 159 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 39750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 79500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 119250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 159000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 198750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

9 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Same as last week- Kids, kids and more kids. I now have all eight grandkids here. We've rode horses already this morning, well actually the second bunch is out riding while I watch the first bunch.

The only writing related thing I did last week was coordinate a couple of book covers with my daughter and my friend who I wrote the sisters book with decided we should self publish it so my daughter is working up a cover for that. This week I'm judging at the Klamath County Fair and I'll be at the Pioneer Square Book Fest on Saturday. From 11am-2pm I'd love ot see some familiar faces.

Sarah Raplee said...

Still having houseguests/grandkids, too.:) i was out-of-town and missed the Book Fest, darn it! I hope it went well, Paty.

Paty Jager said...

Sarah, the bookfest is this weekend the 30th.

Genene Valleau said...

Gosh, company is certainly affecting productivity. But hope you both are enjoying your guests.

I'm still editing the second book of my LEGACY series. Added some news scenes this past week to deepen the plot and the emotional impact of the hero's character arc. I'm pleased!

My goal is to wrap up edits this week and finish the cover so it will be ready to go to my publisher.

Have a wonderful week, writing related and other!

chanceofbooks said...

4,628 words last week. I passed 60K and am 3 pages away from 300 pages :)

BUT that's not my good news . . .

I finaled in the Emerald City Opener with this WIP, so I have new motivation to finish :) I know Paty is probably going to Emerald City. Anyone else?

This is a hectic week for me. I want 3,000 words and I MUST MUST MUST blog. MUST blog, but my characters will not leave me alone.

chanceofbooks said...

Is Bookfest in Portland?

Genene Valleau said...

Bethany, you are smokin'! Congrats on the wonderful progress and on the final in the Emerald City contest! Don't plan to go to the conference this year, but will be cheering for you.

The Book Fest is in Portland at Pioneer Square. The Web site is **http://www.nwbookfestival.com/** that gives the address with a link to mapquest.

chanceofbooks said...

Anyone need an August Kickstart? Shoshanna Evers is sponsoring another writing challenge--40K in August. http://august40k.blogspot.com/

What's great about her challenges is that it's all about the daily check-in. Your own goal can be smaller or larger or split between several projects.

Paty Jager said...

Bethany! Awesome on the contest! Yes, I'm going and you're welcome to room and ride with me.

And Bookfest is in Portland. At Pioneer Square.