Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, July 18, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 166 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 41500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 83000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 124500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 166000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 207500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Still inching along on the proposals. We have 4 houseguests, I've been sick, camped in Washington State while hubby and son got scuba-certified, need to visit Mom in Bend; I've pretty much given up on writing until August - other than blogs! :)

I'd rather enjoy the family tiime than stress.

Genene Valleau said...

Ah, "real" life does complicate things, doesn't it, Sarah? Hope you are feeling better now and enjoy your time with family.

I'm still moving along with edits to the second book in my LEGACY series. Had a great idea on how to market the series on my Web site--just need to figure out the details to be sure this will actually work. LOL! I also requested the rights back to my first three books so I can market them differently and boost sales.

Also finished two book covers for others this past week.(You can see those as well as the one for my first LEGACY book on my design Web site **www.designsbymsg.com/MoreSamples3.html** if you're interested. The latest covers are at the bottom of the page.) I'm also working on another cover besides my own this week. Designing covers is something I really enjoy!

My writing goal this week is, once again, to finish edits on the second book of my LEGACY series. I continue to think of ways to deepen the emotion and "thicken the plot" as the saying goes. However, I'm still OK with deadlines, so like having the time to do that.

Hope others have a productive writing week!

chanceofbooks said...

Feel Better, Sarah!

Great progress, Genene! Just keep at it!

I got 5700 for the week and pushed past the 70% mark for this WIP's target word count. The Mighty Z will be 1 next week on the 28th, and while I don't think the book will be done by then, it will be darn close. I can see "the end" starting to unfurl now, and it's just amazing. I should come in right around 3 months to first draft with this one which is right where I wanted to be.

Happy Writing Everyone!

My goal for this week is 5,000 words again and I HAVE to get some blogs up. HAVE TO. Bad blogger. Bad.

Genene Valleau said...

Bethany, so delighted in your progress! Go, go, go!

And can't believe your "little one" is almost a year old. Happy birthday to "Mighty Z"!

Paty Jager said...

Yeah everyone! I've been sidelined by company and travel.

Christine Young said...

Well, I'm a little late checking in but I had a really good week. Finally, after trying since September and "following all of there rules" received my rights back from Awe-struck. Yay! as far as writing goes, not so good. I was stuck... This morning I went back to scene plot and I'm ready to go. Will finish my five page quota for today.