Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, July 11, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 173 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 43250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 86500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 129750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 173000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 216250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

7 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I have grandkids arriving today, spent 13 of the last 15 days in Princeton.

Last week I wrote up my online workshop that started today on how to critique, I wrote several blogs I'm on the next week, finished the changes and formatting for Improper Pinkerton. All I need is the cover from my daughter and I can upload that. My Kindle numbers are doubling each week! Very cool!

This week I'm preparing for a three day gig sitting in a booth with Eastern Oregon Writers Guild at Miner's Jubilee in Baker City. I'll visit and sell books.

Did more stewing and brewing on the next book. I'm hoping with all this lag time between getting to actually work on it the writing will come fast and furious when I do sit down and write.

Christine Young said...

Soo...I didn't reach my goal. I'm babysitting 5 days a week and I find the little darling loves the computer. I can do just about everything with her except sit at the computer.

However, I did write 2 scenes plus work on the third. The story is beginning to make sense to me and all of the things I brainstormed with the Angels is working. Thanks Angels. Hope to make 5 scenes this week but any progress is great.

Happy writing!

Deborah Wright said...

I'm back from Florida (yay!). I didn't get much done while at the Launch -- except -- I did plot out the major scenes for my next project on the flight home, which pretty much amazed me.

It's an idea I've had for awhile, but all of a sudden I had all these scenes pop into my head. I was writing on paper and actually got a hand cramp trying to get it all down. LOL!

Genene Valleau said...

Paty! As usual, lots going on for you! Would love to make it to the Miner's Jubilee as research for my series, which takes place in that part of the state. Hope you make many contacts and sell lots of books!

Chris, at least you're moving forward. Hooray for progress!

Deb, welcome back! Sounds like your travels were just what your creative mind wanted. :)

I didn't get as much done last week as I wanted to on the second book of my series. However, I'm moving forward on edits and just have minor tweaks to make on the cover, which are my goals for this week.

Happy writing to all!

chanceofbooks said...

WOW Paty that's an incredibly productive week!

Yay, Chris, Debbie, and Genene for moving forward! Keep it going Debbie, I can't wait for you to have your first finished WIP. BTW, how did your agent appointment go at Nationals?

I got 4,169 words and no blogs done last week, so not quite what I wanted to get. But yay for forward motion here too. My goal this week is 5,000 words and 3 blogs. I *have* to get some blogs up, but it's like my WIP is sucking all my brain power. I've passed the 70% mark and passed 50K so I'm just so stoked. Just gotta keep it going.

chanceofbooks said...

I just saw this, and I know Barb and Paty et al might have something that would fit this Harlequin Intrigue contest:

http://community.eharlequin.com/forums/write-stuff/editor-pitch-harlequin-intrigue

Paty Jager said...

Chris, Congrats on moving forward even if not as quickly as you wish.

Deb, plotting another book is great!

Way to keep chugging away,Genene. I still am in awe of your 9 book series.

Bethany, Forward motion is always good!
I'll check out the contest.