Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, June 27, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 187 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 46750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 93500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 140250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 187000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 233750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

7 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

The start of another week--with more time allocated to writing. Hooray!

With a number of commitments fulfilled, I'm back on a schedule that pleases me most: my major focus on writing with breaks to work on graphics projects, and spiffing up my house and yard.

I've gone through the first books of my series, editing to give them a solid structure. The first one is done except for a few tweaks, books 2-6 are solid except for some transitions and minor edits, and a seventh book has a solid structure but needs more of the scenes fleshed out. I'm pleased!

Hope you all made progress last week!

Paty Jager said...

OH man, another week flew by and I managed a few paragraphs on the WIP when inspiration hit at 10:30 pm on Friday night!

Other than that zip, nada, nothing. I was traveling all over the NE part of the state helping with my niece's wedding and then to Princeton where I'm headed back to on Wednesday to rake hay. I hope to get to the library tomorrow to pick up some books for research before I head out to the boonies for several days.

I'm judging contest entries and I have two projects I'm reading for critique partners.

Then on the 11th I'll have SIX grandchldren in my house until August 2nd. With the other two coming and going for visits. I have a feeling not much writing will get done for the next month.

I hope you have a progress filled week, Genene. I think I"ll be living vicariously through you for a while!

chanceofbooks said...

Great job Genene!

Paty, perhaps you'll be writing in the barn with the horses? If only you had a coffee shop nearby to escape from the EIGHT kids. OMG. No writing would be happening for me either :)

I got 6,702 words for the week. My goal was 5,000 words so I'm thrilled. I'm at the 60% mark now, although, I think my final word count may be higher than my targeted. I'm claiming that 60% right now though!! And my baby is officially a novel as it passed the 40K mark :)

My goal for this week is 7,000 words. I was so close this last week, I want to give myself a little push.

Good luck at Nationals, Debbie! Anyone else local going?

chanceofbooks said...

Ooops, forgot to add that I want to do at least 3 blogs this week. Got three last week, just barely. (I did a fun one on why Romance Readers would like Super 8 the movie too!)

Paty Jager said...

Woohoo, Bethany! Keep churning those words out!

Genene Valleau said...

Paty, I so know the feeling of another week slipping by. That happened in June for me. I love the feeling of being back on track! Enjoy your grandkids. :)

Congratulations, Bethany! You are doing so awesome with the word count, as well as keeping up the blogs. Great stuff!

Sarah Raplee said...

I got a little revising done last week while camping. My fifteen-year-old granddaughter arrives for a month on the 7th, but I won't complain considering they could ALL be here, like Paty's (or do you have more?) I'm looking forward to spending time with Jordan. My two oldest granddaughters graduated HS this year, so I know she'll be grown up before I know it!

Genene and Bethany, congratulations on your progress. :)