Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, June 20, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 194 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 48500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 97000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 145500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 194000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 242500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Hmmm...The only actual writing I did last week was writing blogs and my lessons for the online workshop I'm teaching.

But I did research and my heroine is starting to form better in my head thought he premise/plot is still sketchy. I'm having problems gathering the information I want on logging in the area I'd like to set the book.

This week will look much like last week. Writing blogs and lessons and digging for the info I need to solidify the next Halsey book.

I'll also be heading to my dad's on Thursday for my niece's weeding on Saturday. I"m hoping on my way through Baker City to get some of the info I"m looking for.

Hope everyone else met their goals and are enjoying their writing time.

Genene Valleau said...

I can relate, Paty! I didn't get as much done as I wanted to last week either, but at least worked on the series a bit each day. Was getting really crabby Saturday, so knew it was time to put in some major time on my series.

I spent yesterday printing off the latest versions of the first six books of my series and updating my databases. The printed versions are an impressive if misleading stack of paper, because I still have a lot of edits to do--which is what I'll be working on next, along with finishing covers and titles.

At least other things in my life have calmed a bit so writing will get a bigger share of my time now.

Happy writing to all!

chanceofbooks said...

7,043 words, passing my goal of 6,000 words AND I'm at 50% done on this WIP. In six weeks of working at it. Awesome. So freaking proud of myself and rejoining RWA on July 1st.

This week, I'm aiming for 5,000 words. I need to get somethings up on the blog--had radio silence last week which isn't good!!!! So 5,000 words and at least 3 blogs.

Way to go Paty on getting ahead with research and character and the online workshop--ALL that IS progress.

Way to go Genene on your awesome stacks of paper and on things calming down.

Can't wait for Debbie to check-in---I'm so excited for her heading into the conference. Hope she had a great week.

Deborah Wright said...

I'm late checking in--but here I am! :-)

I've been writing every day now for 21 straight days. I think I'm in shock. I'm learning so much, I can't even begin to describe the changes that are happening with my writing. I'm seriously considering continuing to write through the Conference, just to keep everything fresh.

I'm not quite as far along as I'd hoped, and I've changed (tweaked?) a few things as well. But! I know where I'm going with the story. The best part of all of this is that certainty, deep down inside, that I will finish this book. And I'm not wimping out on pitching! (Barb already talked me down from that -- thanks!)

Paty -- yay! for research. Sometimes for me the hardest part is wanting to write when you know you're not quite ready to start.

Genene -- I've said it before, but I'm still in awe of your project. You have to be the most organized writer out there!

Bethany -- Good for you! I'm so happy for you getting to the half-way mark with your book. And, yay!! for rejoining RWA in July. That's the best news I've heard in a while. :-)

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Deb! Huge congratulations on reaching a new level in your writing. Feels wonderful, doesn't it? I'm so excited to hear about your experiences at National, including how many requests you have for this manuscript. :)

LOL about your "organized" comment. I thought I was pretty organized too, but this project has pushed me to new heights of organization--and I think there's more to come!

For all of you going to National: ENJOY!!!

Genene Valleau said...

P.S. to Bethany: Hooray, hooray, hooray! On surpassing your word goal for the week, for reaching the half-way point in your manuscript, and for rejoining RWA in July. Can't wait to see you again!