Monday, June 06, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, June 6, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 208 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 52000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 104000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 156000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 208000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 260000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

5 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

I'm in Iowa this week visiting my eldest son and daughter and their families. Not much time for writing so far, I'm afraid.

My plan is to work on my submission packages in the evenings at the hotel, after writing up the RCRW Minutes for May and writing my blogs for June and updating the RTG Group Blog. *SIGh*

Paty Jager said...

Hang in there Sarah. I'm afraid July will be a lackluster month for me with three grandkids coming to visit without their parents.


I sent Spirit of the Sky off to my editor last week. Hope to have Perfectly Good Nanny reworked and formatted and up on Kindle and Smashwords by the end of the week. Received edits to do on a short story I sent to WRP. And will start researching for the last Halsey book.

chanceofbooks said...

Yay Paty on getting Perfectly Good Nanny back and out there again! LOVED that one. And Yay, Sarah on finding any way to keep at it. Traveling is the worst, so just doing the blogging is a big success for you!

Alas, I did not final in the Harlequin Memorial Day contest. I am, however, closing in on 40% of this WIP and more energized than I have been in years. My goal for the week is to try to blog 4 days this week (I'm doing m/m romance week with something for readers of all heat sensibilities!) AND I want to get 5,000 words. I've got 2,000 towards that.

Genene Valleau said...

Sarah, hope you carve out more time for your work in progress later this week.

Paty, congrats on sending off SPIRIT OF THE SKY! Am looking forward to reading the third of your SPIRIT books. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you.

And, Bethany, bummer about not finalling in the Memorial Day contest. But hooray on already having many words toward your goal.

After brainstorming at our RWA chapter meeting last Thursday on a structure for my series (thanks to all for your help!) I'm back to editing. Am almost finished with book #1 and should have that off to my publisher this week. With the new structure, which means shorter books but more of them, I should quickly finish books #2-6, then on to the remaining ones!

Happy writing to all!

Paty Jager said...

Bethany, Way to go! Can't wait to see what happens with this one.

Genene, I'm glad our brainstorming helped.