Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In



This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, May 30, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 215 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 53750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 107500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 161250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 215000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 268750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Spent a lot of time and added a few thousand words to my series last week. Then hit a major aha point in re-plotting that led to an intense weekend with my stories. I've been looking for a unique and exciting way to present these stories and think this is a huge step in that direction. It's also a new way of thinking about the structure of stories for me, so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. :)

Hope you all have a productive week!

Paty Jager said...

Goals last week, went well, I think. Finished the blog tour which was fun! I had a dozen people who followed me faithfully and made some converts out of others.

Received word from a book store where I did signing that one of her customers came in raving about Spirit of the Mountain and she wants to talk with me some more.

This week. I MUST get Spirit of the Sky off to editor. That is my goal. Oh and make it to the meeting!

Good job, Genene!

Genene Valleau said...

Paty, congratulations on finishing your blog tour! Sounds like it took a lot of energy but was worth the effort.

Congrats also on the rave review from a reader on SPIRIT OF THE MOUNTAIN!

chanceofbooks said...

Yay Paty for a successful tour and yay Genene for a new direction!

Haven't checked in a bit, but still thinking of you often. I'm still doing my review blog, which is going very well.

And I'm doing that thing where you put words down on paper about fictional people. I got enough of those words down to enter the Harlequin Memorial Day contest. http://community.eharlequin.com/forums/write-stuff/memorial-day-challenge-entries (I can't tell you which entry is mine b/c it's a blind contest, but the entries are up for comments, and there are some terrific stories up.) And I'm entering the Emerald City Opener Contest.

Rejoining RWA isn't far behind. I'm at the 1/3 mark on this WIP. I did the words on page thing every single day in May. Wish me luck that I can keep this momentum going.

Paty Jager said...

Yay,, Bethany!! You go! I'm pulling for you to keep the momentum. Off to see if I can figure out which story is yours.

Genene Valleau said...

So glad you dropped by, Bethany! And that you're moving forward. Hooray!