Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, May 23, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 222 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 55500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 111000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 166500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 222000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 277500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Hi, all! Last week I hit a point where I needed to do lots of brainstorming around major events in my series, what caused those events, and the motivation of the villain.

That brainstorming affected four books in the series and paid off by pushing me forward with writing on those four books. So in these last few weeks of editing and brainstorming, I've added a little over 6000 words to the series (and cut a whole lot more! :). Now I'm moving forward with intense writing again where word count should actually gauge my progress.

So for the coming week I still want to write 4-6 hours a day with a targeted word count of 1500 (6 pages) per day or 10,500 words per week.

Hope everyone had a productive week with more good progress coming up!

Paty Jager said...

Polishing- both the next spirit book to send to my editor and Perfectly Good Nanny to put up on Kindle and Smashwords.

And deciding which book to tackle next. Second book of the action adventure or the last Halsey book. Hmmm... Thoughts anyone?

How is everyone else doing? Did you enjoy the couple days of sunshine we had? I did. Looks like it was a good thing because we're going to lose it again.

Paty Jager said...

Awesome Genene!!

Oh and Outlaw in Petticoats is up at Kindle and Smashwords for $.99 if anyone is interested.

Genene Valleau said...

Wow, Paty! You are going great guns at getting your back list up on Kindle and Smashwords. Very cool!

No recommendations of which project to tackle next. What a fun "dilemma." :)

At least with our many rainy days, I've only watered my yard once so far this year--and that was plants in pots, which dry out faster than those in the ground.

Deborah Wright said...

I feel a bit guilty -- I've been absent from the blog a lot! I missed my last post because we went out of town for the week (and I forgot to post early).

However...I'm back! I'm working furiously on my book. I've made some significant changes to the plot, which meant I needed to start at a different point. But it's all good. I'm still targeting having the first draft -- or nearly so -- by National. Yikes!

Sounds like everyone is working hard!

Paty Jager said...

Welcome back, Debbie! Now that you're all rested you're diving right into the writing.