Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, May 16, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 229 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 57250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 114500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 171750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 229000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 286250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

Sarah Raplee said...

Things are running realtively smoothly now at Romancing the Genres. This week I'm working on Worldbuilding Rehab for my paranormal romantic thriller, Blindsight. This is the first step in revisions.

I took the MWVRWA Online Class in Worldbuilding and it really helped me see what some of the problems are with the first draft. Next book, I'm doing detailed Worldbuilding FIRST. Thank you for offereing the class!

Paty Jager said...

Polishing and tweaking the finished WIP to hopefully get it off to my editor next week. Tweaking the beginning of the action adventure to send it to the requested agents, and finish formatting Outlaw in petticoats to put up on Kindle and Smashwords.

Oh- and starting my thirteen blog blog tour this week to promote the release - Wednesday- of Spirit of the Lake.

Last week... finished the book and worked at all the above along with attending a book signing that went well.

Genene Valleau said...

Wow, ladies! Sounds like good progress!

Sarah, glad your new blog is going well, and you're back working on BLINDSIGHT.

This may also be a good time for me to review the worldbuilding worksheets from the online class, as well as catch up with the current Deep Story class, since I have a lot of stories to write in the upcoming months.

Paty, what a busy lady you are! Congrats on finishing your book last week. I stopped your blog tour this morning. Pregnancy myths and cowboy chocolate--how could I resist?

I finished a round of edits to the first book of my LEGACY series yesterday. Unexpectedly came to a great wrap-up that seemed to tie up the threads of this story but offered a teaser for the upcoming books. I was delighted! Still need to read the entire manuscript out loud and do a final polish, but it's basically complete. Hooray!

I also started reading through what I've written for four other books of this series so I can move forward on them again. However, like I mentioned above, think I'll review the material from the online classes first for info that will move me forward more quickly.

Happy writing to all this week!