Monday, May 09, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, May 9, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 236 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 59000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 118000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 177000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 236000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 295000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

4 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I wrote 20,000+- words last week and will write the epilogue to Spirit of the Sky today and send it off to my CPs then start working on their comments up to where they've critiqued so far.

So this week will be polishing the WIP, writing blogs for my May blog tour, and writing my newsletter.

Genene Valleau said...

Wow, wow, wow, Paty! You did awesome last week!

I'm still doing edits to the first book in my LEGACY series. Missed one day of writing last week, but made good progress. Still pushing for that six-hour-a-day mark this week. That gives me good progress but not to the point where my body is stuck in a hunched-over-the-computer position even when I try to stand up. :)

Happy writing to all!

Sarah Raplee said...

Wow!

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Congrats, Paty, on finishing your book! Wow--20,000 words. That's amazing.

And Genene, six hours per day ought to help you make a lot of progress on your books. I can't sit that long without pain, but I try to get several shorter sessions with dog walks in between. :-)

I completed the rewrite of my partial and it's being looked at now. I'm going to keep working and hope that I've done what I need to do on the book to make it work. If not, I'll go back and fix it!

Good luck this week, everybody.