Monday, May 02, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, May 2, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 243 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 60750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 121500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 182250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 243000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 303750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I'm up to 70,000 words and my goal this week is to get to the end of the first craft. I'll be going minimal internet all week to make ti happen. I found the last bit of info I needed this past weekend to finish the book and that's the goal.

I'll have to let you know later int eh week if I"ll make the meeting. It all depends on how well the words flow and the ending comes together.

Genene Valleau said...

Hooray, Paty, that The End is in sight!

I'm still doing edits. Not making as much progress as I'd like, but I'd like to wave my magic wand and have everything done. :) Am still on track with deadlines, so I'm not going to stress about it.

Happy writing to all!

Sarah Raplee said...

Yay, Paty! I hope you make it! And Genene, kudos to you for staying on track with your deadlines!

I'm playing catch-up on The Rest of My Life now that Romancing the Genres has launched.

I hope to get back to my regular writing schedule on Monday and rejoin my poor characters. They've been in limbo, stuck in the middle of the climax for a long time!