Friday, May 27, 2011

Current Project: April Fools Anthology
Status: Moving forward

Plotting seems to be about the individual. Are we a panster or a plotter? To me, it is no longer relevant. The plot is in the head somewhere. Sometimes we write it down, erase it, rewrite it, find out the plot is lame and rewrite again. When I am really out of inspiration, I revert to plotting. When the story is front and center in my head, I write and write and write some more.

With the "R" looming (5 1/2 days) I have found myself beginning to write on the anthology. And yes, with little to do in the computer lab with 26 high school students working on creating a business, boredom set in. I mapped out the 6 chapters of the anthology and gave character to my hero and heroine.

I have yet to develop a relevant conflict--little things. No motivation either--oh well. It will come, just need some brainstorming time with my critique partners.

I wish everyone good luck with their plotting and cheer you all on. Let's all write a great book, a keeper if you will.


3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Good luck with the "R". I know it will spark your writing juices.

Genene Valleau said...

LOL, Chris! Only five and a half days? Woo-hoo! You are going to be smokin' on the keyboard soon!

I love your statement that the process of writing is no longer relevant, but writing a great book is what counts. So true!

Sarah Raplee said...

Congratulations on getting back to the writing, Chris! I don't inow how you manage everything. The April Fools Anthology sounds like a fun concept.

I agree that, once you know what works for you, you just write.:)