Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, April 25, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 250 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 62500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 125000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 187500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 250000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 312500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Not as much writing last week as I'd like but I did schedule a trip to the Nez Perce museum this coming weekend, and I attended a writers intensive that I'll post about on Wednesday, my blog day.

Genene Valleau said...

Hi, Paty! Looking forward to your blog about the writers' intensive.

I didn't log as many hours as I had hoped on my edits, but have made good progress. And an unexpected but perfect development unfolded as I was working on the black moment. Love it when this happens!

I'm going to stick to my goal of writing six hours a day until edits are done. That should keep me on track to meet my deadline.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Paty, it sounds like you're getting a lot of research and learning done (I would so love to visit the Nez Perce museum! I hope I can go there myself some time).

Genene, six hours a day sounds like an intense schedule. You should definitely make a lot of progress with that many hours in front of the computer.

I'm changing my focus this week. I'm putting aside my new project to work on revisions of my last book. Hope to have the partial revised by the time we meet in May.

Good luck on meeting your goals, everyone.