Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In



This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, March 28, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 278 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 69500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 139000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 208500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 278000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 347500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

8 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Hi, all! I added 7533 words to my series last week, in spite of spending a chunk of time working on taxes.

My goal for this week is to keep moving forward--but faster!

Paty Jager said...

Good job, Genene!

I managed about 9000+ and another 2500+ today. I'm on the down hill slide and it always goes faster then. I had an aha moment for the ending. Been trying to figure out a crucial event and how to make it work and it came to me this morning.

My goal was to have this book to my editor by the first of April. It looks more like the middle will have to do. u7nless I really kick it in gear this week but I have company arriving Thursday night.

Hope everyone else is making progress either writing, brewing, or outlining!

Genene Valleau said...

Woo-hoo, Paty! Fantastic job on the word count and that aha moment. Hard to believe April will be here at the end of this week!

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Wow. You guys are making great progress. I haven't been checking in weekly--been offline as much as possible. I'm down to only a few thousand words on my revision. Finished one more scene; need to complete another today to stay on track to finish by the end of the month. Good luck with your projects, everyone.

Paty Jager said...

Yes, April already!! Yikes! Where is the spring weather though?? That's what I want to know.

Barb, Yeah on getting near the end! Let us know so we can all happy dance and clink champagne glasses with you.

Genene Valleau said...

Barb, we'll definitely want to celebrate "The End" with you! Go, girl, go!

wavybrains said...

WOW! Go Genene, Paty, and BARB! GO BARB GO!

I met my review and blog goals last week. This week I want to get at least 5 more reviews written.

Genene Valleau said...

Wow, Wavy! I'm impressed that you're writing so many thoughtful and thorough reviews. What a great service to authors!