Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In



This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, March 21, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 285 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 71250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 142500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 213750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 285000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 356250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

5 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Good morning, everyone!

I did a bit better last week with 4874 words added to my nine-book series.

The booksigning for A ST. PATRICK'S DAY TALE went really well on Thursday! We went through all the copies we had and have requests for more. I also gained more ideas on marketing to a specific audience that will help with future promotions. A good day!

My goal for the coming week is to spend as much time as possible working on my series of books. Am considering going into modified hibernation again like I did to get house projects done. Perhaps not so extreme, but I certainly was productive. :)

Happy writing to all!

Paty Jager said...

Genene, Good job on the word count and the sell-out book signing! Woo hoo!

I wouldn't have had much for a word count if the snow on the pass hadn't kept me home yesterday. But I only managed about 4000 words last week because I reread my "jungle" book and then sent it to the agents who requested it. But the good news, this morning I wrote my 2000 words so I can now work on some other things and go write more words when I finish the little things that need done. If I can keep up with this pace all week, which there doesn't look to be any interruptions, I should have another good chunk done on this WIP by the next check-in.

Happy writing all!

Genene Valleau said...

Thanks, Paty!

Sounds like you had a productive week with getting your jungle book out to the agents who requested it--and still got some words added to your WIP!

Hope the rest of the week is productive as well!

Sarah Raplee said...

I'm suffering a major an attack of word count envy! LOL

None for me, but I'm neck-high in developing a website and Worldbuilding my YA Steampunk for my MWVRWA online class. Wonderful class, BTW!

Then back to finishing the tail end of my WIP.

Genene and Paty, you inspire me. :)

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Sarah! Deadlines are my inspiration. :)

Glad you're enjoying the worldbuilding class. I've traded time for the class for working on my books.

Looking forward to seeing your Web site when it's finished.