Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, March 14, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 292 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 73000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 146000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 219000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 292000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 365000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

8 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Boy- I'm not sure how much I've written the past week. I was preparing for a conference and attending the conference. I did write 2000 words on Friday when I had planned to sightsee Shreveport and ended up stuck at the hotel. Had a great conference and you can find out about it at my blog. www.patyjager.blogspot.com

I had three requests for my "jungle book" so I'll be giving it another look see this week before I get back to the WIP. I gleaned a couple of aha moments at the conference and want to make sure they are incorporated into the jungle MS.

Sarah Raplee said...

Wow, Paty! A jungle book sounds awesome!

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Paty! Is your "jungle book" the one set in Guatemala? Congratulations on the requests to see it! That's great!

I didn't make much progress in word count last week--just under 1700 words. Don't have a great reason such as attending a fun conference either. :)

I was doing prep for our March 17 booksigning for A ST. PATRICK'S DAY TALE. And also spent a fair amount of time organizing the story lines of several books in my series so I don't have someone dodging debris from an explosion when they are supposed to be at a wedding. Though I guess they could do that too...

In addition to the booksigning this week, I'm settling back to production on my series.

Happy writing to all!

Celia Leber said...

I won't know if I made my 1500 words until I type in what I wrote longhand last week, but I think I did it. This week I'm going to shoot for 1500 again. Maybe not impressive, but I do have a day job... :-)

wavybrains said...

Great Progress Everyone! I can't wait to read your conference blog, Paty!

I met my book review goal last week. This week I absolutely have to get 4 reviews out, including Paty's Spirit of the Mountain, which is my pick of the week on Friday. I've gotten several thank yous from authors which is just the best feeling EVER. EVER. I'm hoping to do my first giveaway on the blog soon. My traffic is increasing which is awesome :)

I also celebrated my sixth Wedding anniversary with K this weekend. I blogged about why Battle Los Angeles needed a Romance Writer or Three: http://chanceofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/03/saving-battle-los-angeles-with-single.html

Good luck to everyone!

Paty Jager said...

Yes, Genene the jungle book is the one set in Guatemala. My new leap into another genre. LOL Good luck with your booksigning.

Thanks Sarah!

Celia, 1500 is great. Especially when you have a day job.

Wavy, Congrats on the sixth anniversary!! And I'm glad you liked Spirit of the Mountain enough to make it a top pick. It's been a tough book to get reviewers to read. But readers are excited about it.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

I haven't been posting progress for weeks. Eeek. I'm plugging away with the goal of completing one chapter revision every day. So far so good. Final draft should be done in another week at this pace. Then I'll be FREE of the Neverending Book.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Congrats on the requests for your jungle book, Paty. That's wonderful.