Monday, March 07, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, March 7, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 299 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 74750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 149500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 224250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 299000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 373750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

8 comments:

Celia Leber said...

OK, I'll get the ball rolling.. I met my 2500 word goal last week, but I don't think I'll have as much time this week so am going for a more modest 1500 words.

Celia Leber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Celia! Congratulations on meeting your goal last week!

I can relate to other things coming up that don't allow as much time to write. Last week I spent quite a bit of time on promotion for my March release, A ST. PATRICK'S DAY TALE, so only added a bit over 4000 words to my series.

This week, promo is rolling and we're pretty much ready for the booksigning on March 17, so word count on the LEGACY series should go up again.

Hope everyone has a productive week!

Paty Jager said...

Celia, That's great! Every word you get down is a step forward in your story.

Genene, Isn't promotion a time suck? That's what I've been doing a lot of lately. But I managed to get about 8,000 words last week. Not sure what I'll get done this week. I'm headed to the NOLA conference in Shreveport on Thursday. I'm presenting my "I'm Still a Guy" workshop and schmoozing.

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Paty, great job on the word count!

And, yes, promotion can take a lot of time. But once I get into "promo mode" I enjoy it.

I've been writing all afternoon and making good progress, so I should have better results to report next week. :)

Enjoy your trip to Shreveport this week!

wavybrains said...

Yay! What great progress! Safe travels, Paty.

I met my goal of 3 reviews last week--I wrote five. I've done two this week, and I need to get another 3 done. I'm talking about my favorite Mad Heroes this week, and I'm so enjoying thinking and talking about books like this again. And wouldn't you know it, the fiction part of my brain loves all this attention and my own characters are talking again too . . .

Genene Valleau said...

Wavy, congratulations on exceeding your goal for reviews last week! And you already have a good start on this week's goals. Awesome!

Sarah Raplee said...

Congratulations to all on making progress this week. I moved forward about 1000 words. Still inching along, but progress is progress!