Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, February 21, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 313 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 78250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 156500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 234750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 313000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 391250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

6 comments:

Paty Jager said...

HI all,

I attended a tiny writers retreat- three of us- over the weekend. I wrote 600 words! LOL We did more brainstorming and talking the business side of writing than actual writing.

We ran into Chris and Steven York ( we spotted Herbie parked in front of a store) and visited with them while standing in the store aisle. It was good to see them.

But before heading to the retreat I'd made the third of the way point in my book. I'm hoping to get between 10-15,000 words this week, but we'll see. I have a ton of e-mails and things to catch up on!

Happy writing all!

Genene Valleau said...

Hi, all!

After spending a lot of re-immersion time in my LEGACY series, I added 10,200 words to those stories last week. Still far less than my goal, but definitely forward progress!

My goal for this coming week is to keep writing as much as I can. Found some easy stretching videos on You Tube that are helping ease the long hours at the keyboard. At least my doggies try to get me up and outside for play breaks. It's been an interesting switch from being active and working on my house nearly all day to sitting in front of a computer for hours, even if a good share of that time is on an exercise ball.

Paty, your writers retreat sounds like fun! A break to brainstorm and talk business can be vital to your stories and career too.

How cool to see Chris and Steve! Glad you got the chance to connect with them again.

Hope everyone has a productive week!

Deborah Wright said...

I did make progress last week, even if it isn't reflected in the word count--yet. I'm still working on backstory/history. I wrote the first couple of scenes and then realized I needed to know more about what happened before in order to move forward. It's all good.

This week, however, I want to get at least 7,000 words of the actual story written. That's in addition to whatever else (backstory) I need to write. Guess I better get back to it! :-)

Hope everyone has a great week!

Paty Jager said...

Woo hoo Genene and Deb!

Sarah Raplee said...

Paty, That sounds like a productive weekend, word count notwithstanding!

Way to go, Genene!!!

Debbie, I call what you're doing the 'pre-writing' step in my process. Very important and time-consuming, isn't it? You go, Girl!

Sarah Raplee said...

LOL!!! I forgot to post MY status. Still slogging forward with 'The End' in sight.