Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, February 14, 2011.  (Happy Valentine's Day!)

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 320 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 80000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 160000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 240000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 320000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 400000 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

5 comments:

Deborah Wright said...

I was out of town for the last half of last week and didn't get much done. I planned for that, however, so I'm in pretty good shape.

I decided I needed a visual reminder of my progress, something I could see when I wasn't on the computer -- something that would satisfy my analytical side, without stifling my creative side. So I calculated the words I needed to write each week to meet the goal I'd set for this book and created a wall chart. I enter my progress at the end of each day and the total at the end of the week. I can see where I am at a glance. So far it's working as both a reminder and an inspiration!

Paty Jager said...

Sounds like a good method for you to keep track Debbie!

I did better last week. By Wednesday(my blog day) I should be a third of the way through this manuscript. With my goal to have this to my editor by April(earlier if possible), I should keep pushing forward and make it.

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Debbie! Glad your wall chart is keeping you inspired and on track.

Paty, great going on your manuscript!

If I'm going to make my goals, I'll need to develop callouses on certain body parts. LOL! I wrote almost 7900 words last week; still far short of where I want to be to get drafts done by April. My saving grace is that most of this writing is near final, so won't need much editing. This week I'll do even better.

Happy and productive writing to you all!

Sarah Raplee said...

I've been in Iowa the past two weeks, but I am still inching along. Onward and upward!

Bethany said...

Go Ladies Go!