Monday, February 07, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, February 7, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 327 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 81750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 163500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 245250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 327000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 408750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Two thumbs down.
I made little forward motion on the WIP last week. Between having to do more research and running around. This week I'm staying home and should finish up the research today so I can spend the rest of the week pumping out the words. I need to be half way by the end of this week to get myself on track with when I want to be finished with this book.

Sarah Raplee said...

Not much progress, but a little. Every little bit counts, right?

Genene Valleau said...

My hibernation to work intensely on house projects has ended, and I'm re-emerging into the "real" world. Among other things, that means back to writing--hooray!

That also means I'm several weeks behind on setting goals for 2011, so I'm doing that now. I want to finish the drafts of my nine-book series by April. I'm almost half-way there, but will need to write approximately 6800 words a day to stay on target. I did a warm-up last night with 2500 words, and will begin writing intensely today.

Writing goals for the rest of 2011 include finishing manuscript #1 of the series by June, #2 by September, and #3 by December.

I'll also be doing promotion, but still need to work up a plan for that. So I'll post writing promotion goals later.

Happy writing to all!