Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In



This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.

Today is Monday, January 31, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 334 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 83500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 167000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 250500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 334000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 417500 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

I managed 1,500 words a day average last week. I'd like to up it to 2000 a day or more this week which is doable. Last week I had a lot of promotion going on.
But this week I have to dig and research again. When I came up with this book I didn't realize how hard it would be to find ways to stay true to the historical facts and find ways to bring my hero and heroine together. The logistics of this book is a killer. I spend more time researching and figuring out how to make scenes work than I do writing them.

Hope everyone else is moving forward on their projects.

Sarah Raplee said...

Go, Paty!!! Sounds like you have a real challenge on your hands.
I'm inching forward (still) due to lack of time rather than lack of ideas or will. I leave tomorrow for Iowa for two weeks of grandchild care while my son and his fiance are away (they won a resort trip to the Dominican Republic.) I should have plenty of writing time while the kidlets are in school.

Deborah Wright said...

I'm still making forward progress, though last week was slow going. I came down with a nasty cold that laid me low and I'm just now starting to catch up! I'm still in the midst of researching/world-building, but I've also mapped out some of the beginning scenes. This week I'm concentrating on striking a balance I can live with between the world-building and the actual writing.

Good luck, everyone!