Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In




This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, January 24, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 341 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 85250 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 2 pages per day, you can write 170500 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 3 pages per day, you can write 255750 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 4 pages per day, you can write 341000 more words by the end of the year.
If you write 5 pages per day, you can write 426250 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

5 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Not as far along by now as I would have liked but a 6 day vacation in which I didn't write at all, kind of put a kink in the word count. However, I am now in the groove, the story is unfolding even when I"m not at the computer and the words are flowing well. So I hope to get 1,000 - 2,000 words per day this week. Especially since the hubby will be gone for part of it.

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Sounds good, Paty. Some weeks are better than others--here's hoping this week is very productive for you.

I wrote 3373 words this week on my WIP. My goal was 7000, so I'm averaging about 500 words per day instead of the 1000 I'm trying for. But I'm getting work done, even if a bit more slowly than I planned.

This week I will get those 7000 words!

Good luck everyone.

Deborah Wright said...

More forward progress! I've figured out the hero and heroine, so that's good. World building and research is taking some time, but I refuse to let it take over (a bad tendency of mine). I've been mulling over the first scene and hope to actually start writing this week. Yay!

Paty Jager said...

Barb, half of your goal is better than nothing. You'll get there if you keep slowly working your way there.

Great Debbie! All forward motion is good. If you want to check out my personal blog I wrote about how I found my opening scene for the current WIP. http://www.patyjager.blogspot.com

Sarah Raplee said...

I'm inching along on the writing, working on launching a blog and getting ready for a trip to Iowa to visit two of my kids and their families. Color me happy with my inchworm-like progress!