Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekly Progress Check-In





This is the Mid-Willamette Valley RWA's weekly check-in.  Every Monday we encourage members and visitors to let us know how their writing is going.


Today is Monday, January 10, 2011.

Are you on track to reach your goals?

There are 355 days left in 2011.

Weekly Calculations:
If you write 1 page per day, you can write 88750 more words by the end of the year.

If you write
 2 pages per day, you can write 177500 more words by the end of the year.

If you write
 3 pages per day, you can write 266250 more words by the end of the year.

If you write
 4 pages per day, you can write 355000 more words by the end of the year.

If you write
 5 pages per day, you can write 443750 more words by the end of the year.

So how are you doing?  If you have gotten off track, this is the week you can regain your momentum.  Tell us how you're doing, and set a fresh goal for the upcoming week.  A page a day is a book in a year.  You can do it!

PRIZES:  The best prize is reaching your personal goal and finishing your book.  But if you need an extra little incentive, remember:  any chapter member who reaches her personal goal by the end of the year receives a prize at the year-end party.  Non-members can win, too.  Non-members who show up for at least 20 weekly check-ins will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card from Powells, the world's largest independent bookstore.

4 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Checking in. I should wait until the end of the day. Then I may have met my goal. But I've set new program in place to help me remain focused and that is to do all my online stuff- e-mails, blogs, promotion in the morning and then shut off the internet and write in the afternoon. So I have to check in now.

I made it to 8,240 words on the WIP. I'd hoped to be be 10,000 by now but my tooth extraction distracted me last week. But that's good. No more disintegrating tooth in my head so I should also feel better which should equate to more words on the page.

I'm not setting a goal for next week and I'm not positive I'll be checking in next week. As I'll be out of town.

Good luck everyone! I'm sending good writing vibes your way!

Barbara Cool Lee said...

Congratulations on your progress, Paty. You accomplished a lot even with a tooth extraction.

I didn't reach my personal goal (1000 words every day), but I made it to 3600 words for the week (500+ words per day). That's a good start for the year for me.

My goal in the coming week is to re-focus (there's that word again!) on my original 1000 words per day goal. I plan to write 7000 words this week.

I need to step up the pace, because the book I'm almost done with suddenly needs an additional 10,000 words (they just changed the line's word count, eek!).

Here's hoping everyone has a peaceful and productive week. :-)

Barb
http://www.BarbaraCoolLee.com

Deborah Wright said...

I didn't make the word count goal I'd set -- 500 words/day -- but that's partly due to not quite being ready to start writing. I'm still in research-mode at the moment.

However, I did write almost 2000 words of backstory/world building, so I'm happy with that!

I've actually got two irons in the fire (or two writing projects I'm juggling), and this week I'm going to try focusing on the other project. That one is further along and ready for words on the page. My goal for the week is once again 500 words/day.

Good luck everyone!

Sarah Raplee said...

My goal for the week was to get ANY new words written on my WIP, but that didn't happen due to illness in the family. My goals for this week are to write my first post for this blog and to write 1000 words on my WIP.