Thursday, January 06, 2011

FOCUS? ME TOO!

Current Project: Nine-book LEGACY series
Status: Over one-third of the series completed

This past month as been one of the most intense, traumatic, productive, anxiety-ridden and life-changing that I can remember. Many of the events and emotional changes I went through will become part of a nonfiction book I am journaling to write in the next couple years. Smaller chunks may become fodder for a politically incorrect blog I'm considering--written under a pseudonym to prevent the guilty from tracking me down too easily. :)


Flexible was not just my middle name, but my first. Several of my long-held beliefs were challenged. Those that no longer serve me have been discarded, such as the desire to please everyone. Some were strengthened, such as the belief in a Universal Source that can work miracles large and small. And some new beliefs were forged, such as the knowledge of how very much I can accomplish when I am obsessively focused.


It's interesting that Paty blogged about finding her focus on Wednesday. I found focus last month and discovered that obsession came at a price. I'm now stabilizing at a reasonable insanity and cautiously peeking out at the world again. However, I'm also zealously guarding the ability to focus lest it once again become buried under the hundreds of mundane interruptions we face very day.


What this means for my writing--other than providing material for a couple of projects that have been brewing in my mind for some time later--is the drive to accomplish my 2011 goal of having the nine books in my family saga series substantially completed. I haven't broken that down into the number of words I need to write each month, week and day yet--it would distract from the focus of my current project. When you see actual numbers on check-in day for me, you'll know that my current project is complete and I'm writing, writing, writing!


Happy 2011 to all! It's great to see the blog up and rolling again, and wonderful to see comments from cherished friends.


3 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Genene, So 2011 is the year of the focus. Can't wait to see how that family saga of yours turns out.

Deborah Wright said...

Maybe our motto for 2011 should be: "Focus!" :-)

Seriously, though, it really is good to hear everyone talk about focusing on their writing. And to have the blog going again!

Genene Valleau said...

Hi, Paty and Deborah!

Yes, 2011 definitely seems like the Year of Focus. :) As long as it doesn't slip into the abyss of obsession!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone meeting their goals this year!