Friday, January 07, 2011

Current Project:Status: I wish I had one. Maybe in 4 months.Making Time: Is that the same as focusing?

I’m late, I’m late, I’m late for a very important date, as the white rabbit said.

My focus, at least for the next 5 months is not on writing. As I move toward retirement, I am focused on teaching as many students math who are willing to learn. As many of you know, I teach students who view math as an enemy and at best as a challenge they don’t think they can overcome.

When June hits and I am free, I will be looking toward writing, finishing a couple of books that were begun i.e. pickpocket dog and perhaps an April Fools Anthology then also working on Ghost Dance which was really the first book in the series that began with Dakota’s Bride as my first published book.

I envy those of you who can find the time to write. For me, there are not enough hours in my day. Between work, exercising and working on my new business, I don’t seem to have the time to put words on paper. Well, I can put words on paper, I just can’t put together a plot for a book. I don’t even have characters in my mind who can take over the written page.

I wish everyone a happy, prosperous and healthy new year.
P.S. I apologize for my tardiness today.

Christine Young

4 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Ah, Chris, there are those of us who are counting down with you!

I know how frustrating it is when other life obligations don't allow our stories to unfold--and how satisfying it is when time opens up and the magic of our stories flows onto the page once more.

Five, four, three, two, one...WRITE! I'm looking forward to reading your stories again!

Barbara Cool Lee said...

I've sure been there! Sometimes life doesn't give you time to write. But you know that in a few months, you will be able to work on all the stories that you have been building up. That will be so fun when it happens.

In the meantime, you are doing such a great job in teaching those kids. Congratulations on making such a positive contributions to so many kids' lives.

Paty Jager said...

Chris, You have the five months to look forward to writing. And hopefully curing that time ideas will spring up in your mind and you can jot them down knowing in half a year you can actually breath those characters to life. Hang in there!

Christine Young said...

Wow! Thanks so much, all of you, for your encouragement. I need that right now. Hearing from you and seeing all of your wonderful progress is like a breath of fresh air. Go Oregon!