Today I am going to set 26 goals. And by posting them here, they are public. I am doing this because today is a special day for me, my birthday, and it's a year that signifies the starting of a new chapter of my life. So in honor of that, I'm setting 26 goals.
1. FINISH A BOOK. Siiiiggghhh. I'm actually much closer than I've been before, and I'm pretty sure it will happen this year.
2. Edit the book.
3. Submit the book to agents.
4. Write at least a draft of a second book.
5. Get a tattoo (hopefully happening tonight!)
6. Get a nose piercing (again, hopefully happening tonight!) - priorities, eh?
7. Apply to graduate schools.
8. Finish my senior thesis.
9. Begin blogging on my personal blog again.
10. Get fit and healthy.
11. Clean my apartment (I'm really starting to see a pattern here...same goals as every time...)
12. Redesign my personal Web site.
13. Read a crapload of books (both romance and anthropology).
14. Flesh out ideas of a couple more books.
15. Pick up my paranormal ideas to see if they cause any sparks.
16. Study for the GRE.
17. Take the GRE (and do well).
18. Do better at keeping up with current events.
19. Learn basic Italian.
20. Learn the human bones.
21. Try to decide on a grad school regional focus.
22. Write a short story.
23. Do better at keeping in touch with people.
24. Get rid of a bunch of crap (ties in with the apartment cleaning thing).
25. Write at least SOMETHING in my current WIP each day.
26. Be happy!
Do you have any goals you'd like to make public? Are there certain times of the year, or certain times of your life that you set goals? Or do you avoid goal-setting like the plague?
And here is my current ideas for the tattoo, trying to decide on the placement I like. And it's going to be on my left wrist, the inside below my palm. Pretty small and easily coverable by bracelets or a watch. Creative types are supposed to have a tattoo, right? ;)