Monday, April 28, 2008

Good News all around me.


This picture is of fans from Cour'd Lene, ID who were at the Rose City RWA Reader's Luncheon in Portland.
The tallest woman is Janet. I met her the very first RWA conference I went to at Emerald City.
Nicole McCaffrey my eight year CP has her first book, "Model Man" out and has been receiving high reviews (which I told her would happen). It is an awesome book about a 40 year-old romance writer who reluctantly falls in love with a young male cover model. It is sassy, fun, and darn right hot! It's in the Last Rose of Summer line at The Wild Rose Press.


My friend, Karen, who some of you met when we had the retreat at my house, went with me to the Reader's Luncheon and from reading the excerpt Genene had there of her book "Songs of the Heart"- I may have lost my first fan to Genene! LOL She loved the excerpt and raved about it all the way home from Portland. And made me promise to buy a book from Genene as soon as she gets them.


Author, Lauri Robinson, who I met through The Wild Rose Press and has also become a friend, has received awesome reviews for her Cactus Rose book, "A Wife for Big John". A sweet, fun read about a woman who falls in love with a logger's cook stove and then him.


And though I haven't received a confirmation yet, someone at the Reader's luncheon mentioned she thought I was giving a workshop at the Beau Monde/Historical track at Nationals on Wednesday of Nationals. She's supposed to get back to me this week. I had stopped preparation on that project thinking since I hadn't heard anything- it was a no go.


Sorry this isn't a learning, growing,expanding blog, but my weekend and thought processing for the blog was messed up when my daughter's plane came in thirty hours late and my dad showed up wanting to go shopping in Bend. Family is where my attention has been and not on a throught provoking blog.


What good news has happened to you or around you lately? Good news is always fun to share no matter who it belongs to.





5 comments:

Genene Valleau said...

Hey, Paty! I like good news! Selfishly, when some of it involves a person liking my book; someone who's not a relative or friend who are wonderfully prejudiced. :)

Your poor daughter -- 30 hours late. Ack! Glad she finally arrived safely.

How wonderful that Nicole and Lauri are getting good review! Please extend my congratulations to them!

Hope you get confirmation soon on your workshop so you can prepare for it.

Good news in my corner of the world? I'll be wrapping up a big graphics project in the next couple days if all stays on schedule, which means moving on to other projects -- including light edits of one manuscript and plotting my nine-book series. Hooray! I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm also excited for Chris Young, who is starting an e-book company. New ventures are exhilerating and scary both!

I'm definitely glad the weather has warmed up. Even if it's raining a bit, the rain is warmer. My doggies are enjoying the deck and having the door open so they can go in and out when they want. I'm so ready for spring. I may even talk my son into helping with yard work later this week.

And now, I'm going to work on projects. Thanks for sharing good news, Paty!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks Genene!

Wow, everyone is either out enjoying the wonderful weather or this blog was as boring as I predicted!

Alice Sharpe said...

Paty -- Your blog wasn't boring at all. I love to hear people's good news. I just don't happen to know anyone besides the people you mentioned who have anything wonderful going on right this second.

I'm glad so many of the writers in your life are doing so well.

Danita Cahill said...

My good news right now revolves around small children and the length of their naps. Ha!

As far as writing -- I think I'm going to enter a magazine article in the Reader's Digest contest. If I do enter, I could possibly win, so I guess that's good news!!??

Have fun with your daughter and her family, Paty/

Nicole McCaffrey said...

Wow, Paty! Thanks for the plug!

Can't wait for Outlaw in Petticoats to be released so I can review it on my blogsite next month!