Monday, December 24, 2007

Believe



Last night I realized I blog today. Well, I soaked in the tub to get inspiration and nothing came, so I worked on gathering information about Prostitution in the 1800's in the West for a workshop I'm giving, and still nothing came to me. I was sure as soon as my head hit the pillow all kinds of things would start popping into my head. Nope, drifted off to dreamland without a hitch.

So, here it is morning and I'm still trying to figure out what to write. I don't want anything deep or anything people fill obligated to respond to, because heck, it's Christmas Eve and most probably won't even look at this.

I thought about doing one on respect, but that is too close to an unsolved issue at the moment to comment on. I'll wait. I thought about doing one about a writer's Christmas Wish list, but I think that was kind of hit on earlier. I could just write you all a poem, but Alice is far better at that than I am.

So my blog today is simply, a pep talk. Believe in your abilities as a writer and don't let rejection letters or nay-sayers sway you from your desire to write. If you can entertain, touch emotions, and coherently write about a subject- you are a writer and don't let anyone tell you any different! Believe in yourself and Believe in Dreams! They do come true if you believe and surround yourself with others who believe.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

6 comments:

Alice Sharpe said...

That's a nice blog, Paty. There is a lot of power in belief. It's amazing how willing we are to teach it to our children -- believe in yourself, you can do anything -- and how miserly we can be when granting ourselves the same benefits.

Merry Christmas.

Karen Duvall said...

Here, here, Paty! 8^)

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Great blog, Paty. ;)

I have a wooden "Believe" sign sitting on my desk. I look at it every day for the very reasons you mentioned. If nothing else, it reminds me of the power of positive thinking.

Happy Holidays to everyone! My gremlins are bouncing off the walls!!!

Paty Jager said...

Thanks everyone! Spent the day building a cabin, then visited some friends and handed out presents. Will be a quiet Christmas here. Invited the FIL for breakfast, will work more on the cabin, and then the MIL will be here for dinner and we'll open presents.

Genene said...

Believe is a wonderful Christmas Eve blog! Funny how long it's taken me to get to that point for me, and sometimes I still waver. But it's Christmas and snowing where I live in the mid-Willamette Valley -- something that happens only once every couple decades. So I think "believe" is very appropriate!

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates this holiday of believing!

Danita Cahill said...

Nice post Paty. I do believe. In family. In friends. In self.

Happy Holidays to all!