Saturday, November 10, 2007

Eli's Challenge

Hey everyone, hope the weekend is going well. Genene asked how my word count was doing, so I will share the question with the rest of you. How are you coming?

As for me, I have just waved off my mid week company and am settling down to write. Had to stop the WIP to write half a chapter and change a few details in a synopsis for the second book in the contract I signed a few weeks ago. It's due in about five days which means I need to write 10-15 pages between today and tomorrow to finish chapter three and send it on.

Then it's back to the other book.

So for today, nothing so far, though by tonight, there should be something. I'll check back in but meanwhile, Genene, how are you doing? And Danita and Paty and Karen and Eli -- who I have a feeling is suffering from another cold -- and Lisa and Lori and anyone else who has been toying around with word counts of one kind or another. It doesn't have to be Eli's 1,000 words a day, we're all interested in and draw inspiration from those people working away at a goal.

So, share!

6 comments:

Paty Jager said...

Nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Once this company is all gone- I'm hoping to get a multitude of words on the page.

Can't wait for the 16th!!!! DH is headed hunting for a week! Yeah!!! I'll catch up to ya'll then! Happy writing!

Alice Sharpe said...

Paty. You have five words less than me, so far. I.e., I have written five words today. So far. That is a wake up call and I am off to work!!!

P.S. Hurried on over to your guest blogger site and enjoyed all your comments!

Paty Jager said...

Alice,

Thanks for checking out the Petticoats and Pistols blog. I was nervous writing it up. Everyone who blogs on there knows their westerns and I feel like a impostor at times. I'm not an avid western movie buff. Just like to read the books and write them.

Alice Sharpe said...

LOL, Paty, we all feel like imposters at times.

965 words. Going to be a busy day tomorrow!

Genene said...

From your first comments, I thought I'd be right up there with you ladies with zero words on a WIP. Then Alice took off writing. Woo-hoo! Nice to see those words counting up for you.

Paty, you do so much research that I think you could be considered an expert rather than an imposter. I'll be watching to see your word counts soar the week you have the house to yourself.

And Alice, should I ask when you feel like an imposter? Certainly not with writing!

I'm still holding fast to my intent not to seriously write until after the holidays, but tend to the business side of writing and promotion.

I'm revamping my Web site now and finally have a home page that I'm liking a lot. Will also need to add a couple pages for contests, appearances and the like.

But I'll be cheering you ladies on as you rack up word counts!

Alice Sharpe said...

Thanks, Genene for checking in (and indeed reminding me to post this blog!)

I sometimes feel like an impostor as a writer. I truly think most people do, not all the time, but certainly when in the company of those more articulate or accomplished.

Or maybe it's just me being neurotic. Nah.