I have been very good this year. I barely yelled when my two-year old spilled red candle wax all over my beige carpet. I only screamed once when he took a marker to our fireplace stones. Each time the five-year old plugged up the toilet I bit my tongue and didn't mention Power Rangers aren't scuba divers. When the eight-year old tormented her brothers just to hear them scream, I may have yelled a little, but not nearly as loud as I could have. And I certainly didn't follow through on the threat to murder the DH in his sleep if he bothered me one more time while I was working.
In exchange for my year of angelic behavior, I'm requesting the following on my Christmas List:
1. For peace and prosperity and all that other crap.
2. For family harmony (I can request it. I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell of this actually happening.)
3. For the skinny aerobics instructors at the gym to each gain 5o lbs.
4. For my RWA chapter members to volunteer willingly for things without rolling their eyes and looking away (you know who you are).
5. For my computer to do what I want when I want it.
6. For days of peace and quiet where I can actually get some work done without hearing, "MOOOOOM!!!!" every five minutes.
7. For the death of my procrastination gene.
8. For an editor to love my writing enough to actually BUY something.
9. For a six figure deal (another pie-in-the-sky wish, but hey, why not add it to the list?)
10. And finally, for the start of a prosperous career (which, in case you can't read between the lines, Santa, means not just one sale, but many more as well).
That's it. Ten measly things. I think I've been good enough to get these. And seriously, none are things your little elves actually have to make up in your workshop, so it should be a piece of cake.
What's on your Christmas List this year?