Saturday, August 04, 2007

Just For Fun

Okay, so I know today isn't a scheduled blog day, but I finally downloaded pics from my camera and thought I'd share a few with you from Nationals. (And Lisa will rue the day she sent me copies of her pics....hee hee hee.)

First one is the skyline of Dallas from our room.


Next is from the Literacy Signing. Me with Pocket & Kensington author, Karin Tabke.

Here's the cutie patootie Lisa with Intrigue author Isabel Sharpe. Oh, wait!! Isabel was sitting in the next chair. This is ALICE Sharpe (or, better known as Alice The Great).

Here's that hat I was telling you about. Sherilynn Kenyon during the Literacy Signing.
This one's of Lisa working hard between sessions. Or hardly working. I'm not sure which. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of the chair in the corner of the room Alice laid claim to and wouldn't let the rest of us sit in.

Some people have no sense of humor. I'll leave this one up to your imaginations.

Okay, fast forward to awards night. All the GHers were camera happy before the ceremony.

And finally, here we all are after the awards.

I have more, but I'll spare you (and Lisa and Alice would kill me if I posted them anyway). ;) Next year, hopefully we'll have a lot more more pictures to share!

11 comments:

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks, Eli, for posting those! You guys had so much fun. I may have to go to Nationals next year just to hang out with you folks. Forget about the actual conference part. 8^) I've been attending too many conferences lately and there's danger of DH pitching a fit, but I'm having too good a time not to go! Pretty soon some of these agents and editors will think I'm stalking them.

You all look so lovely in your evening attire. Divas in black. Hee hee.

Alice Sharpe said...

Thanks, Eli, for posting the pictures. It's fun revisiting Dallas and yeah, Karen, we did have fun! Eli's awards ceremony dress was stunning and Lisa looked radiant. And as far as the chair goes -- er, yep, I did lay claim to it. Didn't even cross my mind that others would like it! Hey, age has to have its privileges!

Alice

Alice Sharpe said...

Oh, and Karen, you should totally go with us next year to SF. Kay will be there, you know. Plus with all of us around, we can help you stalk your target editors/agents with the old relay ploy!

(Just stay away from Eli's evil camera -- and Lisa's. I believe the picture of Lisa under the sheet was taken when Eli stood at the foot of the bed and flashed the damn thing every time one of us would peek over the covers. And at least once, Lisa had her camera ready and she'd pop out from under the sheet ready to snap Eli. It would become a flash off -- like a gun duel with less blood. Sometimes, they'd flash pictures in the dark. They both have potential careers in the paparazzi!)

wavybrains said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Paty Jager said...

Looks like you ladies had an awesome time!

Piper Lee said...

ROFL...

You silly girls! Fun pics, thanks for sharing. I still want to see the Minnie Mouse dress though. ;)

Can't wait for SF!!!!

Genene said...

Thanks for posting the pics, Eli! It reminds me how much fun Nationals is.

I'm definitely ready for SF in 2008, as well as several other conferences. Maybe I'll give Karen a run for her money as conference queen! But I'll have two books to promote, so I gotta go on the road!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Karen, you DEFINITELY have to go to Nationals next year with us!!!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Alice...shhhh....remember, what happened in Dallas stays in Dallas.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Wavy, Paty and Piper...it wasn't the same without you. I'm looking forward to next year when we're all there!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Genene. Conferences are fun but exhausting. You and Karen can duke out the conference queen title. I'm happy to go to one per year and smile as the rest of you trek off to the others. ;)