Thursday, July 12, 2007

BONUS BLOG!!!!! Update from Nationals!!

Hey ladies!! We've been running all day long, but I'm back in the room for a quick break before I rush out the door in my red and white polka dot cocktail dress for The Golden Network Reception (which I'm dragging Lisa to, and which scared Alice so she ditched us), and thought I'd drop you all a quick update.

Things are great. We're all (of course) totally exhausted. We've been rushing from workshop to workshop, networking, meeting with friends and having a good ol' Texas time. Lisa Kleypas spoke at lunch this afternoon - she's fabulous. Totally inspiring. And we all got copies of her newest contemporary. (Paty, it has cowboys on the front!) We have tons of books to bring back for the workshop, and Lisa keeps finding these awesome goodies in the goodie room (I need to hang with her more often). Alice is writing up a storm (I think we've reinspired her) and I'm sick (go figure), but rallying because, well, after all, it is Nationals.

Terry McLaughlin is a hoot - I just love her, and I'm totally amazed at what she does - writing, pres. of the Golden Network, yadda yadda. Had a great chat with her. Sherrilyn Kenyon knows how to wear a hat (oh, boy, what a hat), and (Bethany) there are pregnant girls all around. (Last fall must have been a bumper crop year because they're popping out all over).

Tomorrow we have more workshops, more schmoozing, and I'm going to the Golden Heart/Rita Reception. Alice keeps us all up late laughing and chatting, and Lisa's quietly absorbing it all in her sweet way. I'm just as snarky as ever (go figure). I also have incriminating photos, but I'm on Lisa's computer right now so I can't download and share (but I will next week!!!).

We miss you all and wish you were here. We'll try to update again real soon!

14 comments:

Karen Duvall said...

Thanks for the update, Eli! Sounds like you gals are having a fabulous time. Wish I was there!

wavybrains said...

*Fingers in ears* Lalalalala *not listening to tales of Pregnant writers in Dallas* I'm roast enough in Oregon as it is, but I DO wish I was there. Really. Sounds like you guys are having a great time and I can't wait to hear the stories on Tuesday! We miss you!!!!

Piper Lee said...

Oh Dang, the goodie room! I wish I was there scooping up those awesome books and goodies too!

I love Lisa Kleypas books so I can only imagine how great she was as a speaker. Haven't read her contemporary yet. Gotta pick that one up.

So glad you girls are safe and having a blast. Hopefully you'll soak up a ton of great knowledge and this will shoot you into the next stage of the writing gig.

Have fun and best of luck to ya'll!

See ya when ya'll get home.

Genene said...

Loved the National update, Eli! I'm looking forward to "the rest of the story/stories" at the meeting next Tuesday.

Paty Jager said...

Awesome Eli! Thanks for the update and I plan to be there next year in San Fran!

You all sound like you're having a wonderful time, but then I knew you would!

Danita Cahill said...

Wish we were all there too, Eli. Red and white polka dot dress? I can only think of Lady Di and her love of polka dots. Just watch that the paparazzi don't get you....

Sorry, that may have been in poor taste. Of course, it wouldn't be the first time for that!

Barbara said...

Thanks for the update, Eli! It brings back memories from Reno. We are alll waiting with bated breath to hear the contest results. Can we uncross our fingers yet? Have a wonderful time and see you Tuesday!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

ROFLMAO, Bethany. Okay. No more pg writer talk. (And I won't even mention the GH finalist who's here with her infant...)

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Karen, I wish you were here, too!!!!!

One of my RS GH partners in crime is from CO.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Piper, I tried to hit the goodie room today, but apparantly I have no luck. It was totally cleared out already. :(

And yes, Lisa Kleypas was great. At one point she had us all nearly in tears, then laughing, then so inspired we wanted to run out and write. Tomorrow Lisa Jackson is the keynote speaker at lunch, so that should be good as well.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Don't worry, Genene. ;) We'll have lots of "stories" to share.

Elisabeth Naughton said...

Paty, next year our chapter will over-run SF!

Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Danita. Lisa told me I needed ears. Apparantly I looked like Minnie Mouse. (nice, huh? You wouldn't even believe what these two have put me through this week...)

Elisabeth Naughton said...

LOL, Barb. Not yet. The awards are tomorrow night. But thanks for all the well-wishes.

:)